Saturday, July 23, 2022

Things I Love Now


 
 
I love some things now.
 
"Your husband?" Dan asked when I mentioned this to him the other day.

"No, silly!" I paused. Oops! "I mean, yes, obviously!"

Okay, so he's on the list now too.
 

 
But as far as "things" I love, let's start with the Neti pot. 

 
I've actually used a Neti pot for a long time, but I was thinking about Neti pots a lot when I came up with this list. It was a high pollen week. 
 
Many people won't use them because it involves a weird process. It's. Worth. It.  

Nasal irrigation has helped put me out of my misery during countless cold and allergy seasons. It was even useful when I had COVID (I had a breakthrough infection in the spring), although my sinuses seemed to be never ending faucets throughout that ordeal.
 

 
Just make sure you use filtered water, or you might end up with a brain amoeba or something. I learned that from Dr. House. (#NOTamedicalexpert) 
 
Also on my list: All the many fun phone apps for grownup life! Here a just a few.
 

Google Pay has made grocery shopping fun. I don't have to dig through my wallet for my credit cards or cash, and the little blue checkmark is quite satisfying when the reader accepts my payment. 
 

 
I recently downloaded Venmo. I know, welcome to 21st century. In my defense, I don't have friends, so I never have to split checks at restaurants or pay people for things. 
 
Then I was in a show, and a lot of the cast was younger than me and had Venmo accounts. So I tried it out. All of a sudden, I could pay for wig rentals, make gift donations, and sell discount tickets without having to figure out where to break a bunch of twenties into smaller bills. Amazing!
 

 
I also love the Vrbo and Vacasa apps. I've always wanted a vacation home, and with those apps, you can pretend like you own a different condo every time you go on vacation. 
 
Don't worry, grumpy neighbors. We are good vacation home renters, in bed by 9:00.

Of course, sometimes I just browse through the pictures for fun. 

"Are you looking at places on Vrbo again?" Dan will ask me in the car, usually on our way to one of our rentals.
 
I think I love Vrbo, Vacasa, etc. like the Millennials love Zillow. Millennials are fantasizing about being homeowners. I'm dreaming about vacation homes. I already own a house. 
 
Of course, everything I know about Millennials and Zillow, I learned on SNL.
 

 
 For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: