Saturday, May 22, 2021

ROAD TRIP!


 
My husband, Dan, and I went on our first post-vaccinated overnight road trip!

Yeah, yeah, I know. Y'all in Idaho have been traveling all over the country this entire time because FREEDOM! This is 'MURICA! We're not living in FEAR!

Whatever . . . 
 
Anyway, as I was saying, Dan and I have been following the CDC and public health guidelines because #science, and we have not traveled for leisure during the past year. We figured we could wait. It wasn't that big of a deal.

 
We didn't go far, just to Sun Valley. Sun Valley is still smart about mask-wearing, even with the new recommendations, and Blaine County has a high vaccination rate. We felt good about giving the resort town our business.
 
Our getaway began on a Saturday morning.
 

We spent the afternoon biking on the Wood River Trail (in a bit of a thunderstorm). 


We ate at restaurants! A couple of times, we sat on the patio because the weather was so nice, but we ate indoors too. For the first time in a year! 
 

 
On Sunday, my brother and nephews drove to Sun Valley to hike with us and . . . 

 
eat ice cream, of course!
 
 
 
We spent the next two days hiking at Chocolate Gulch and biking the Harriman Trail. A couple sections of our hike freaked me out heights-wise. However, I made it without freezing up or trying to go down the trail on my butt, my totally hilarious and irrational, yet preferred, methods of dealing with my acrophobia.
 


Before we knew it, our mini vacation was over. I made this face when it was time to leave:

 
Now that Dan and I are fully vaccinated, we look forward to many more safe travels in our future. It was worth the wait. Some of you are sooooo impatient. (Yes, I'm judgy. Sorry, not sorry.)  

 
For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: