Saturday, July 06, 2019

Birthday Fun!

It has been a month since my forty-second birthday, but I have been busy again.

You might ask, "With what? What could have possibly kept you from your witty repartee?"

And I would reply, "Just touring around Europe. No big deal."

I should probably blog about that experience sometime.


Today though, I am writing my annual birthday post because if there is one thing we all have in common, it is getting older. In fact, nowadays I celebrate my birthday for an entire week. I figure if I have to be in my forties (and beyond), I might as well make the most of it.

This is how I celebrated birthday #42.

1. I got a new hair cut. Well, not a completely new hair cut. I wear my hair short a lot, but it had grown out over the year. It was new for the summer though.

 

2. My husband, Dan, and I saw Rocketman. The movie about Elton John's life turned out to be a full blown musical, not just a biopic about a musician like Bohemian Rhapsody. It had dance numbers and conceptual storytelling. What a birthday treat!

3. I was able to take a break and read on my birthday. Simple pleasures . . .


4. Dan and I attended our first Idaho Shakespeare Festival performance of the summer on my actual birthday.


5. Then we attended the musical Rent that weekend at the Morrison Center. So much theater=Becky's birthday.

6. AND The Tony Awards aired that weekend. Happy birthday to me.

7. We also went on a birthday hike. This has become an annual tradition around my birthday because, in early June, the wildflowers are still blooming in the foothills. Often my birthday hike tradition consists of me freezing on the side of a mountain (due to my crippling fear of heights), calling out to Dan, "Whose idea was this anyway?" 

I am happy to say this wasn't the case this year. (Much.)



 

Of course, the reality of aging hit me the next week when I took stock of the OTC drugs we needed for our trip to Europe. Our forty-something digestive tracts are not what they use to be.



For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: