Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Happiness List

This morning, one of the many mental health and mindfulness apps on my phone (because I need A LOT of help in this department) said this:
"This simple exercise can help raise your spirits and pick you up later on. Write down 10 things that make you happy. They can be silly, personal, strange, etc. Anything from lip-syncing to roller-coasters to cooking dinner for loved ones."
I don't particularly need a pick-me-up right now, but you never know. I may at a later date. So here I (and you) go.

The Happiness List . . . with pictures.

1. My Nice Husband, Dan
Whether he is making me a "Latte With Love" or sending me flowers on Valentine's Day, he is a pretty swell guy.




2. "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
My sixth graders gave a rousing performance of this song on Friday. It made me happy.



3. Snow
We have still been getting a little of this here and there, but . . .



4. Songbirds
. . . the exact same morning the snow dusted the ground, I was greeted by a chorus of birds as I walked on the Greenbelt. It was an interested mix of winter and spring.



5. Choirs
The school choir I direct makes me happy every morning we rehearse, and so does the adult choir I am a part of. In fact, I get to perform in Belgium and France with the adult choir this summer. That definitely makes me happy.



6. Nephews
How can these two not make you happy?

 



7. Teaching
#LoveTeaching




8. Theater
Being on stage and in the audience makes me happy.




9. Weezer
Well . . . yeah!

 



10. This picture
This is my favorite picture of Dan and me. We just look so hip and cool, which we totally are.

 


For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: