Saturday, August 02, 2014

Five Things That Made Me Happy This Week

1. According to this recent article, psychologists have found that children who read the Harry Potter series have an improved "perception of stigmatized groups like immigrants, homosexuals or refugees." In other words, Harry Potter makes kids more empathetic. Yet another reason to recommend these books to young readers! (I know a few adults who might benefit from this as well.)

2. This is as close to posting cat pictures/videos as I will get. So enjoy my moment of weakness.


3. I live here.


By the way, Boise made "The 10 Best Cities to Move to in 2014." Of course, we Boiseans knew this already.

4. The Boise Co-op is expanding to my side of town. Could this mean that West Boise is becoming hipper? Could West Boise be the new North End? I mean, there are a few bearded, tattooed twenty and thirty-somethings in our neighborhood. (One of them is actually my husband, Dan.) And I see the occasional liberal bumper sticker on cars around our house. Maybe . . .?

5. I know I complain about him a lot, but Squirrel makes me happy. Summer wouldn't be summer without Squirrel contorting his body in strange, disturbing ways to get to the bird food outside our front window.

http://injillswords.blogspot.com/2013/06/let-me-tell-you-bout-birds-and.html

For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: