Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Please Don't Get Me . . . (Part #2)

With the holidays quickly approaching, I decided to devote my next two blog posts to the worst possible Christmas gifts I could receive this year. Last week, I introduced you to numbers 10 through 6. Here are the last five gifts on my "Please Don't Get Me . . ." list.

5. Espresso Machine
It's not that I'm opposed to owning an espresso machine. It's just that I would end up way too caffeinated. And when I drink coffee-type beverages everyday, I get stomachaches. I might love the buzz (and, believe me, I love the buzz), but I don't love the buzz at the expense of the lining of my stomach. I'll stick to my Fair Trade lattes every once and a while.

4. iPad
You mean an "i-maxi-Pad?" (Cue juvenile laughter now.) Same as the iPhone in Part #1. I just don't want one.

3. Any Young Adult Fiction
It is an odd phenomenon. Lately adults having been recommending YA fiction, not for my students', but for my own reading enjoyment. Yes, I read all of the Harry Potter and Narnia books, but I'm not really interested in this new explosion of Young Adult novels. Maybe I'll catch the movies at a later date. I'm not promising anything though.

2. One Direction Album
I paid my dues. I grew up in the era of New Kids on the Block.

And my number one least desirable gift? (Drum roll, please . . .)

1. Fifty Shades of Grey (or any other incarnation)
In fact, I so do not want this gift that I will be devoting an entire blog post to it next week. Stay tuned if you really want to know!



For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan

Check out more of my work in:

1 comment:

Michael said...

Got your card, Merry Christmas, loved the video. Saved the site to favorites and I will check in. Love MT