Saturday, January 27, 2024

Anniversary #20 Or Two Decades, Really?


If you read last week's blog post, you know that I'm behind in my holiday posts. Today I thought I would write about my twentieth anniversary . . . a month and a half later.
 
My husband, Dan, and I celebrated our twentieth anniversary this year. I like to tell people we were married at fifteen.

Our anniversary falls during the Christmas season, and since it's one of my busiest times of year, filled with school concerts and music performances (I am a musician/music teacher, after all), Dan and I often celebrate it in pieces throughout December. 

So, how did we celebrate our anniversary this year, twenty years into our marriage? 
 
Mostly, the same way we celebrate it every year. And that's fine with me.
 
BTW, how could it be two decades, already? Oh yeah, we were married when we were fifteen.
 
Anniversary Activity #1: We visited the Indian Creek Plaza lights in Caldwell.

 
Anniversary Activity #2: Dan created a special "Anniversary Playlist," consisting of songs that were popular twenty years ago and songs from "pivotal" (according to us) rock concerts or musicals we attended throughout our marriage. It took us weeks to listen to the whole thing.
 
 
Activity Anniversary #3: We used to eat at our favorite downtown Boise restaurant, Asiago's, but it closed last year. This year, we ate at Alavita, another great downtown restaurant full of pasta.
 
 
Activity #4: We didn't get out to the Botanical Gardens, but we did drive through "Christmas in Color."
 
 
 
 


Activity #5: And of course, we spent about a week in Sun Valley . . . before Snowmageddon. As you can see from the pictures, there wasn't a ton of mountain snow at that time.
 
 
Fun Fact: Dan and I spent our honeymoon in Sun Valley twenty years ago. 
 
I guess, for us, it really did happen in Sun Valley. 
 
And I don't mean that in a dirty way . . . 


For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: