Saturday, April 17, 2021

Spring Break Staycation 2021

This spring break, we "went" on yet another staycation. You may remember that I am fully vaccinated, but my husband, Dan, is not. He received his first dose, and he is so close! But we decided to play it safe and stay home one more year.

Until then, here is my spring break adventure brought to you from the state of Idaho and nowhere else . . .
 
For the first time in a year, I visited my hair stylist friend, and she gave me a professional trim, color, and style. It was about time. I think my hair was turning orange, and orange is NOT my natural color.

s 
 
Dan has gotten pretty good at identifying birds since the pandemic started. Boise's Greenbelt is a regular aviary. We see ospreys, kingfishers, eagles, cormorants, and herons every single time.

We have also come across deer, mink, wild turkeys, goats, and more all five minutes from our house.




Kingfisher diving for a fish

Dan and I jetted to the mountains for one more cross country skiing trip. Idaho is like that. You can ski one day and hike the next.

 
 
On a sad note, we also lost beloved children's author, Beverly Cleary during spring break.
 
 
 
Speaking of hiking, Dan and I commenced our pandemic tradition of social distanced hiking with the nephews and out-of-town family again.

 
Last but not least, Facebook told me World Theater Day was on Saturday, March 27. What a perfect and quite apropos way to end my spring break. I've done a little theater in my lifetime.
 
 
For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: