Sunday, August 05, 2018

I Saw Weezer! (AND The Pixies)

Someone's excited about something . . .

You may remember Weezer AND The Pixies were scheduled to perform in Salt Lake this summer. I wrote a blog post about the upcoming concert last November, and the time finally arrived. I saw Weezer AND The Pixies this week.

An added bonus: The band Sleigh Bells opened for them. My husband, Dan, and I had heard Sleigh Bells on our NPR podcasts. Of course. We are technically middle-aged, you know. We found out Sleigh Bells was opening the day of the concert, a pleasant surprise.

So here it is, what you (or at least I) have been waiting for all year. My Weezer Adventure.
Sixteen years ago, two twenty-somethings who had just started dating took their first road trip to Salt Lake to see one of their favorite bands.
Fast-forward a decade and a half: Those two twenty-somethings, now married forty-somethings, took a road trip down to Salt Lake to see that band again.
The band? Weezer!
(The Pixies, another influential band from our coming-of-age days, played too!)
The twenty-somethings, now forty-somethings? Dan and me!
(Adapted from my personal Facebook post 8/3/18.)

Our Weezer Adventure begins.


We are little grayer and wrinklier than sixteen years ago, but we didn't have smartphones or selfies or even a digital camera in 2002, which means one thing. No evidence.

Sleigh Bells . . .
 

The Pixies . . .

Then the devil is six.



Weezer kicked it off with "Buddy Holly." MTV Generation, you will recognize the set.


Scene change . . . "In the Garage . . . "


No big deal, just riding through the audience in a boat.

 

Hey, we're Weezer, and we rock!


 For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: