Saturday, December 23, 2017

Duggan Family Christmas Card 2017

Merry Christmas from Dan and Becky Duggan! We hope this greeting finds you in good health and spirits.

I am emerging from a busy season of Veterans Day Programs and Winter Concerts at my school in Boise, Idaho. I still teach K-6 General Music and conduct a 70+ member Choir at Grace Jordan Elementary School. This year, a half-day of PreK music at Madison Early Childhood Center was added to my schedule, and I definitely end my day on a fun-filled, energetic note (pun intended ♫). 

Last spring, the 5th and 6th graders presented an adapted version of Peter Pan. This year, we are tackling The Lion King. Over 100 of my music students have auditioned for a role.


Dan is still busy working as a software engineer at HP. This year, he volunteered once again for the Hour of Code, helping kids learn how to code at a Treasure Valley elementary school. He also attended a security hackerthon near Portland, Oregon in the spring.

We welcomed my brother’s and sister-in-law’s second child, Bennett, in April. Dan and I enjoyed spending time with our nieces and nephews throughout the year.


This summer, we vacationed on Orcas Island and in Leavenworth, Washington. We went whale watching and did some hiking and mountain biking.



Dan and I celebrated our 40th birthdays this year. Dan turned 40 in April, and I turned 40 in June. We are officially #adults now, although I guess we have been grown-ups for a while now anyway.


I have continued performing in studio recitals, and I joined the Cathedral Choir at the Cathedral of the Rockies this fall. We performed at a state choral conference in Sun Valley in October, and we are planning a potential choir tour in Belgium in 2019. I also performed with the choir in the beautiful Christmas at the Cathedral Concert this December.


Over Thanksgiving break, Dan and I ran with the Turner side of the family in the Turkey Trot 5K in Twin Falls, celebrating nephew Desmond's first race ever!


Dan and I will be celebrating our 14th anniversary and going on a few Nordic skiing trips this winter. Dan (and Dan ONLY) is looking forward to snowboarding too.

Have a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year!

Love,
Becky and Dan


For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: