Saturday, November 19, 2016

I'm Grateful For Stuff Again This Year

It's become a bit of a tradition for me to write an obligatory gratitude post around this time of the year. I thought I might have a little trouble finding things to be grateful for due to a certain, recent national event which shall not be named.

But once I sat down and thought about it, I realized I'm still grateful for stuff.

This year, I'm going to show what I'm thankful for in photographs, partly because this time of year is extremely busy for a music teacher and partly because it's a different angle than years past.

Kind of.

I just looked at last year's blog post, and I have a lot of pictures in that one too. I guess the reality is I'm doing this because I'm a busy music teacher, and I'm cheating.

I'm thankful for my husband, Dan. I don't want to brag, but we are a cool couple. Here we are in October getting ready to watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch. This is what I call "Dan's Scary Rock Star Face." Yeah, my husband's so cool, he takes me to musicals.


Okay, it's kind of weird to talk about your awesome husband and then post of picture of yourself with another guy, but this doesn't really have to do with another guy, friends. I'm thankful that I was able to play such a fun role like Laurey Williams in Oklahoma this past summer. I mean, I'm approaching forty, and I know I won't be an ingenue forever. Maybe I should say, I'm thankful for the genetic makeup I inherited from my grandmother whose claim to fame was, "Everyone says I don't look a day over seventy," when she was in her nineties.



I'm thankful for my job. The pictures above are from this year's Veterans' Day program. Boy, we needed to come together through music this year. It was a cathartic, beautiful experience.


I'm thankful I'm not this guy! (I'm also thankful this guy didn't shoot me when I pulled out my phone and took pictures of his bumper at every stoplight. I noticed he drove away pretty quickly when the lane beside me cleared.) You probably can't read these stickers very well, and that's alright. But this is all I'm going to say about politics today.

For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: