Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Day Dan Picked the Music, Part 2


A couple of weeks ago, I told you about "The Day Dan Picked the Music."

Sadly, a couple of days after I wrote that blog post, my husband, Dan dropped his iPod. It crashed, and all of his files were gone.

Because we learned our lesson during the iPod crash of 2014, he had mostly everything backed up.

But Dan was sad without his device.

So I created a "Happy Dan Playlist."

The Happy Dan Playlist was made up of songs he liked from my iPod that weren't always my top choices. I don't have some of his craziest favorites, but when he started headbanging in the middle of his listening experience, I figured I did a pretty good job.

"Did you do this just so you could write a blog about it?" he asked when he saw me take out my phone.

(I have graduated from carrying a notepad everywhere to taking notes on my phone. I'm totally high-tech.)

The good news is that the iPod was under warranty, and the Apple Store gave him a new one, no questions asked.

But while he waited for the protective case he ordered this time around, we continued to listen to his happy list.

In fact, he added two hours of Lynyrd Skynyrd to the list, which is kind of embarrassing to admit since we are two of, maybe, twenty liberals in the whole state of Idaho.

"People are going to think we're hicks," I said.

"We live in Idaho. We'll fit right in."

So now there is a fourteen-minute live version of "Freebird" on the Happy Dan list.

"I'm done adding stuff, unless you want me to add any more of my music . . . like Slipknot," Dan said.

I glared at him.

"This playlist is supposed to make me happy."

"Not that happy," I muttered. "You have a new iPod, after all."

For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: