Sunday, January 11, 2015

Why, Hello Again, Inversion

Around this time last year, I wrote a blog post about why I was glad to see the inversion go. Well, it is time for me to wish it would go again.

Winter is upon us once again in the Treasure Valley, and with it comes that old faithful friend, the inversion.

This is how I roll during an inversion.


Do not be alarmed if you see me with some sort of scarf covering my mouth during the inversion.

"Are you going to rob a bank?" one of my friends asked me the other day. 

"Yes," I replied because that made total sense. 

My husband, Dan, was a little bit more enthusiastic about my choice of attire. 

"You look like a ninja!" 

And we all know how much Dan loves ninjas

Here are some of the other fun things that accompany the inversion. 

1. Orange Air Quality Alert 
It's not the worst level, but it's not the best either, especially for "sensitive" groups.

2. Black Ice 
The fog freezes at night and in the morning, and I slide around like some Looney Tunes character when I get out of my car at work.

3. Fog, Especially at Night 
I've seen enough horror movies to know, nothing good comes out of the mist at night.

4. Broken Traffic Lights 
One local news station reported that traffic lights couldn't even sense the cars because of the fog. 

5. Aura Migraine
I get migraines with trippy visual auras about twice a year. I am pretty sure the one I got this week was due to the inversion. (I blame everything on the inversion.)

For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: