Saturday, August 18, 2012

Five Things That Made Me Happy on My Summer Vacation

My Summer Vacation: the British Columbia Edition


 1. Dragging Dan to Butchart Gardens


At Butchart Gardens, Dan changed into shorts in the car.

"If you're going to make me walk around a garden for several hours, I'm wearing shorts," he insisted.

"I hope you don't get arrested our first night in Canada for indecent exposure."


2. Dragging Dan to Miniature World

He actually admitted this was his favorite part of our visit to Victoria.

"It's more than just dollhouses," he said.

3. Not Seeing a Bear in Whistler

From the sound of it, we could have very easily seen several bears. In fact, the community prides itself on living in harmony with its bear population. While biking up a mountain trail, we overheard some hikers tell another hiker that their dogs had just chased two cubs up a tree and barked at the mother. And we continued our ride in that same direction - Dan's idea, not mine.

4. The Two French Canadians We Met at Stanley Park 

They not only loved our Fusion Hybrid, but they were equally impressed by Dan's ability to convert miles per gallon to liters per 100 kilometers. I have to say, so was I.


 5. Victoria Creams from Rogers Chocolates
 
Delicious discovery . . . and you can order them online!




For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan

Check out more of my work in:

No comments: