Saturday, September 22, 2018

Mrs. Duggan Looks Like . . .

As an elementary school teacher, my ego gets boosted everyday. I am constantly told how pretty I am, how young I look, or that I resemble some gorgeous celebrity or Disney character. I thought these compliments might become less frequent as I got older . . . say, when I turned forty. But I still find myself basking in praise everyday. I have learned to sit back and enjoy the ride because I know I would NEVER hear most of this stuff if I worked anywhere besides an elementary school.

I will try not to get a big head.

"Mrs. Duggan, you look like . . ."

1. "You're nineteen." 
I'm pretty sure I looked more like this when I was nineteen.

2. "Belle."

Funny you should say that, young child. I was Belle once upon a time, probably before you were born.


3. "Snow White." 

I think this one has a lot to do with the fact that I sing bluebird songs all day long.

4. "Katy Perry." 
This has been a common one in recent years. My question is, which version?


OR

 

In all likelihood, it probably depends on how I have my hair cut as to whether I look more like Katy Perry . . .

or Snow White . . . 

 For the latest blog updates, visit and "like" Rebecca Turner-Duggan.

No comments: